Office of the
VAIPHEI PEOPLES’ COUNCIL
Ref. Date 12/06/2018
The Vaiphei Peoples’ Council (VPC) Lamka Block, after observing a series of development on the issue of the closure of the Vaiphei Church at Neihsial Veng by the Kuki Inpi Churachandpur(KIC), would like to make a clear stand on the following points:-
1. The Kuki Inpi Churachandpur in its letter vide no.16/HJB/KIC/2018, that ordered the closure of a church attended by the Vaiphei community at Neihsial Veng, is illogical and unacceptable. It is beyond the purview of any organisations to interfere in the affairs of the church, which is directly against the Fundamental Rights of the Indian Constitution, (Right to freedom of religion)
2. The summoned given by the Kuki Inpi Churachandpur in related to the above point, to Shri. S. L. Hena of Neihsial Veng, a primary member of the VPC (Lamka Block), in a letter dated 07/06/2018,
summoning and threatening him to appear on or before 14/06/2018 or face dire consequence, is ridiculous and unacceptable. The VPC Lamka block takes the issue seriously on such reckless interferences of the KIC in one’s faith and practices.
3. Following the FIR ﬁled by Shri. S. L. Hena, the VPC Lamka Block urges the District Administration and the law enforcing body to ensure his safety at the earliest.
4. Any untoward incident that may happen in related to the matter, the Kuki Inpi Churachandpur will be solely responsible.
5. After mentioning the above points in public domain, the VPC ( Lamka Block) would not be a mere spectator if any of its subject is harmed.
Info. & Publicity
VPC Lamka Block